Our newest additions — Olivia-the-Intern and Morgan-the-Intern — have arrived for their summer internships at Weddings in Vieques and we’re so excited they’re here. We aren’t hiring any more summer interns for 2014 – HOWEVER, we are opening up the fall and winter internship application process NOW and we’re looking for the best and the brightest. Please share this with anybody you know who might be interested.
Good candidates have the following qualities and skills:
- Must be an undergraduate or a RECENT grad (not looking for mid-life career changers, sorry)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (you’ll be writing and blogging a lot)
- Event planning experience (or serious interest)
- Ability to make interesting conversations with strangers and be an extrovert in group situations (when needed)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and all basic computer software
- Experience with social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- Must have excellent REAL recommendations (we actually check them)
Although dates can be slightly flexible, the fall internships will begin at the end of September and end before Christmas. The winter internships begin immediately after Christmas.
Housing is provided and there is a small stipend at the end of the internship. The hours are long but you will gain REAL EVENT PLANNING EXPERIENCE learning from the bottom up how to plan a wedding and all sorts of other associated events. You’ll write contracts, participate in client conference calls, help with guest management at events, blog for my website, and learn to create fabulous bouquets. This is not an internship for a wimp – the hours are tough. If I’m working, you’re working. And I work a lot.
Please send your cover letter (telling me why you want this internship) and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you really want to get the whole thing right, you should read my blog from The Huffington Post’s Biz Section for some tips on what I’m looking for when I get a resume and invite you to interview with my company.
Kelsi and I can’t wait to see who applies – keep an eye out for YouTubes of our famous “Intern Olympics” and blogs by our newest interns. We’re so glad they’re here! Apply now for FALL AND WINTER – the early bird gets the worm!
Until next time, happy wedding planning — and please share this advertisement with anybody you think would make an excellent Weddings in Vieques intern!