Everything You Need to Know about K-1 Visas and Importing Your Fiance – Sandy’s Blogs in BRIDES

Hola Mis Novios y Mis Novias!

No, you don’t need a fiancé visa to marry somebody from Puerto Rico – it’s part of the United States! But if you’re hoping to marry somebody from another country, and bring him or her to the United States (or Puerto Rico) to marry you and stay forever, there’s quite a paperwork process to endure along the way.

For those of you who are curious, I wrote a blog for BRIDES that breaks out the process of obtaining a K-1 visa that will allow your love to enter the country. You can hire a professional to guide you through it, or you can muddle through on your own. I’ve included interviews with Jason and Cassia Hitch of “90 Day Fiance” because they offer tips on their own real life experience getting Cassia’s visa in the U.S. consulate in Brazil. They did it on their own, and learned a lot through the process that may help future K-1 visa couples.

Anybody from anywhere can get legally married in the United States. As long as you have your passport with you, the state or territory will issue a marriage license. However, you cannot stay in the United States just because you got married unless you apply for and are granted a K-1 fiancé visa first.

Check out my blogs for an overview of what an international couples goes through to make it legal in this country!

Until next time, happy wedding planning from Weddings in Vieques and Sandy Malone Weddings & Events!




Comments are closed.